- From Learning Factory to Learning Garden.
- The Misconception of Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- Encourage the Growth of Talent.
- From Learning Factory to Learning Garden — At heart, education is all about empowerment of people. It is widely understood that learning is a product of passion and not test taking. Society would have to embrace a more difficult educational model. Schools would become facilitators of passion instead of directors of course material. Their efforts would be unmeasurable by current standards, since individual passion can’t be standardized. The only measurement of any importance would be happiness, achievements, and sense of fulfillment of graduates over time.
- The Misconception of Bloom’s Taxonomy — I think the model of Bloom is wrong. I know this statement sounds absurd in todays education. The unsuspecting side effect of Bloom is happening. So, I think this is something we should rethink, especially since it is so widely taught to teachers and in teacher education.
- Encourage the Growth of Talent — I will be proud if I give my students the power to consider what kind of society they want to be part of, teaches them to use their abilities to create the change they want to see, and gives them the skills to act on their dreams. This is an ambitious mission and so needed in todays and tomorrows society. I will use my time and energy to make a difference. With this post I celebrate my one year anniversary.